So, you’d like to take a day trip from Edinburgh on a Scottish Highlands tour? As with our other tours, we specialise in showing you parts of Scotland that the big tour companies don’t take you to, and all within easy reach for an enjoyable day tour from Edinburgh.
The lower Highlands are within 2 hours drive of Edinburgh and are just as stunning as travelling to the very North, but don’t result in your spending the whole day cooped up in the mini bus!
Why not enjoy a day out for a Scottish Highlands Day Tour and still be back in Edinburgh in time for dinner! You could include some of the following in your day with a tailor made itinerary just for you:-
- On the way out of Edinburgh, you can stop and marvel at the engineering masterpieces that are the 3 Forth Bridges or take in Loch Leven Castle where Mary Queen of Scots was held prisoner on the island;
- Take in the stunning Loch Tay and it’s surrounding mountains, where you can add in a boat trip on the loch or a jeep safari in the mountains;
- Enjoy the fresh air with a short hike to view a lovely waterfall and take in the views across the valley;
- Explore the little villages that we pass through;
- Step back 2,500 years and discover how iron age settlers in Scotland used to live on the loch at the historical Crannog Centre, or visit a standing stone circle;
- Visit stunning gardens which are inhabited by red squirrels or enjoy a whisky distillery tour from Edinburgh.
Simply let us know what you fancy and we’ll take you out for a special tour of the Scottish Highlands so you can make the absolute best of your trip to Scotland. Remember all I Love Edinburgh Tours are family friendly, so if you’ve got little ones, the plan for the day will ensure that they have an outstanding time too.
It really depends on how much you want to fit into the day, however our recommended time for collection from your accommodation would be 8.30am. If you’re visiting Edinburgh on a cruise ship, we can tailor a shore excursion for you and provide a door-to-door service.
The return to your accommodation will be arranged around your preferences for the day and any evening plans you wish to make, but is usually between 6-7pm
From £475 for up to 8 people. The total price will depend upon your choices made for particular activities and other inclusions. Discounts may be available for multi-day bookings.
This full day tour includes:
- A bespoke itinerary for your group
- A door-to-door service
- Commentary in English giving you a local insight. This will be tailored to suit your group.
- Plenty of opportunities to take some spectacular photos
- The entry cost to any chosen attractions or other activities (unless agreed otherwise)
- The tour does not include the cost of refreshments and meals throughout the day