Enjoy an amazing St Andrews tour from Edinburgh. Whether you’re a golf fan, a history fan or a fresh air and scenery fan, a day trip from Edinburgh to explore the historic Kingdom of Fife and a tour of St Andrews is a must.
Join us for a day trip to Fife, with an itinerary especially planned for you. It’s a stunning region with so many great things to do and with an I Love Edinburgh Tour you decide what you’d like to see on your St Andrews tour. Here are a few things that you could include:-
- On your tour of Fife to St Andrews, on our way out of Edinburgh, you can stop and marvel at the engineering masterpieces that are the 3 Forth Bridges and take in Dunfermline Abbey, where Robert the Bruce is buried. Or you can stop at Loch Leven where Mary Queen of Scots was held prisoner and go out on the small boat and explore the island and castle;
- For the history lovers, St Andrews is brimming with history going back over 800 years. The St Andrews cathedral and castle are both intriguing and you can learn about the gruesome past of the town, especially during the Scottish Reformation in the 1500s;
- Enjoy the food and drink of the area – Fife is renowned for it’s excellent fish and chips, seafood and farm shops, and also has outstanding whisky, gin and beer producers. So on your tour of the Kingdom of Fife you can stop for a lovely lunch along the way and can incorporate a Scotch whisky distillery tour or food producer visit into your day;
- Along the coast of Fife is a region known as the East Neuk which is home to a series of quaint little fishing villages. On our return journey to Edinburgh, you can stop in one of the picturesque villages and take in the sights and sea air.
- For education lovers, you can explore the buildings and history of the ancient University of St Andrews, established over 600 years ago, and hear about the quirky traditions it has and see where Prince William and Kate used to met for coffee;
- An absolute must for the die hard golfers is the opportunity to play a round at one of the famous courses at the home of Scottish golf. We can arrange a round of golf in St Andrews, along with clubs and golf cart hire.
Simply let us know what your interests are and we’ll take you out for a bespoke St Andrews tour so you can make the absolute best of your trip to Scotland. Remember all our tours are family friendly, so if you’ve got little ones, the plan for the day will ensure that they have an outstanding time too.
It really depends on how much you want to fit into the day, however our recommended time for collection from your accommodation would be 8.30am. If you’re visiting Edinburgh on a cruise ship, we can tailor a shore excursion for you and provide a door-to-door service.
The return to your accommodation will be arranged around your preferences for the day and any evening plans you wish to make, but is usually around 6pm
From £495 for up to 8 people. The total price will depend upon your choices made for particular activities and other inclusions. Discounts may be available for multi-day bookings.
This full day tour includes:
- A bespoke itinerary for your group
- A door-to-door service
- Commentary in English giving you a local insight. This will be tailored to suit your group.
- Plenty of opportunities to take some spectacular photos
- The entry cost to any chosen attractions or other activities (unless agreed otherwise)
- The tour does not include the cost of refreshments and meals throughout the day