Lovely as the centre of Edinburgh is with lots of green open spaces, you won’t get to see much in the way of wildlife, unless you count pigeons and squirrels! Let us take you on a day trip from Edinburgh, away from the hustle and bustle of the city to explore the stunning Scottish countryside and wildlife in the surrounding counties, which are only a stone’s throw away.
We’ll take you to explore the nooks and crannies (that’s the corners and crevices to non-Scots speakers!) of the local counties and show you the outdoor highlights of Scottish wildlife that other tourists won’t see. Your private day tour from Edinburgh will be tailored especially for your group’s tastes.
Here are some ideas of the kinds of things you can do, so just let us know what you like best and we’ll draw up a special itinerary just for you:
- Take a boat trip out to the islands of the Firth of Forth to see Scottish seabirds (including puffins, kittiwakes, cormorants and razorbills) and you could be one of the lucky ones to be joined by some dolphins or what about getting really close to nature in a sea kayak with https://www.duneideannseakayaking.com/
- Wildlife centres – there are lots to choose from – falconry, deer, sea life
- Woodland walks, which could include some fairy hunting for the little ones or red squirrel spotting in northern counties
- Beautiful beaches – you’ll find long expanses of gorgeous sand and may even have the beach to yourselves to skim stones or make sand castles
- Harbours – visit a local working fishing harbour, and you never know, one of the resident wild seals may make an appearance
- Climb a hill (it doesn’t have to be a big one!) to get views to die for
- And you can add in elements of our other tours as well – fancy a visit to a local farm shop or the gardens of a stately home?
It really depends on how much you want to fit into the day, however our recommended time for collection from your accommodation would be 9am
The return to your accommodation will be arranged around your preferences for the day and any evening plans you wish to make, but is usually between 5-6pm. If you’re visiting Edinburgh on a cruise ship, we can tailor a shore excursion for you and provide a door-to-door service.
From £395 for up to 8 people. The total price will depend upon your choices made for particular activities and other inclusions. Discounts may be available for multi-day bookings.
This full day tour includes:
- A bespoke itinerary for your group
- A door-to-door service
- Commentary in English giving you a local insight. This will be tailored to suit your group.
- Plenty of opportunities to take lots of spectacular photos
- The entry cost to any chosen activities or other inclusions (unless agreed otherwise)
- The tour does not include the cost of additional refreshments and meals throughout the day (unless agreed otherwise)