So, you’d like to take a day tour from Edinburgh and see the surrounding towns and countryside, but don’t quite know what to do? Then the ‘wee bit of everything tour’ is for you!!
There are so many stunning things to do in a day trip from Edinburgh that are just a stone’s throw from the city. Simply tell us about the kinds of things you like to do and we’ll work out a private Edinburgh tour with a great itinerary so we can take you on a day that will create lasting memories.
**BOOKING CONDITION UPDATE July 2020 – in light of Covid-19 travel restrictions, tour deposit payments are fully refundable for all autumn/winter 2020 tours. We are accepting provisional 2021 bookings now with no deposit payable until January 2021 – please see booking conditions for more information**
So what wee things would you like to do?
- Discover the hidden history of the greater Edinburgh area – from stunning Scottish castles to stately homes, or beautiful chapels to battlefields such as Bannockburn;
- Take an Outlander tour, or discover other filming locations and inspirations on a Mary Queen of Scots tour or a Harry Potter tour;
- Get some sea air – explore beautiful beaches, take a boat trip to see the local wildlife, discover the traditional fishing harbours or walk out to a tidal island;
- Sample our local food produce – whether it be the local seafood, artisan bakery, wild boar breeders or strawberry farms, you won’t be disappointed;
- Art and culture – such as a visit to the newly opened V&A Dundee;
- Fancy a wee tipple – obviously we’re renowned for our Scotch whisky, however both gin and craft beer are both huge too, so we could join a Scottish whisky distillery tour or Scottish gin distillery tour or Scottish Brewery tour and obviously have a wee tasting too!
Let us know what you fancy and we’ll take you out for a special day, so you can make the absolute best of your trip to Scotland.
It really depends on how much you want to fit into the day, however our recommended time for collection from your accommodation would be 9am. If you’re visiting Edinburgh on a cruise ship, we can tailor a shore excursion for you and provide a door-to-door service.
The return to your accommodation will be arranged around your preferences for the day and any evening plans you wish to make, but is usually between 5-6pm
From £395 for up to 8 people. The total price will depend upon your choices made for particular activities and other inclusions. Discounts may be available for multi-day bookings.
This full day tour includes:
- A bespoke itinerary for your group
- A door-to-door service
- Commentary in English giving you a local insight. This will be tailored to suit your group.
- Plenty of opportunities to take lots of spectacular photos
- The entry cost to any chosen activities or other inclusions (unless agreed otherwise)
- The tour does not include the cost of refreshments and meals throughout the day