Our best and long-lasting memories are made on family holidays. However, travelling with children of all ages, or older family members, is as challenging as it is utterly rewarding. I Love Edinburgh Tours will therefore tailor your family friendly tour from Edinburgh to ensure that everyone in your group is catered for and will work with you to provide a bespoke itinerary for your group.
So what would your family like to do?
- Get some sea air – explore beautiful beaches, go hunting for crabs in rock pools, take a boat trip to see local wildlife, discover traditional fishing harbours or walk out to a tidal island
- Sample our local produce – go berry picking in the summer months, see how cheese is made, join a whisky distillery tour (some of the distilleries will allow children to do the tour depending on their age, if not, we can entertain them with a wee game of football or a scavenger hunt in the distillery grounds while the adults do the tour)
- Family friendly cookery lesson – be wowed by the stunning Colstoun stately home and the delightful staff at their cookery school. As a family you can forage in the grounds for your ingredients (or have them handed to you on a plate!) and work together to create a lovely picnic or afternoon tea which you can take outside and eat on the lawn. There’s plenty of room in their 2000-acre grounds to explore and walk off your feast. https://www.colstoun.co.uk/
- Burn off some energy with an activity – from toddlers to teenagers there’s some tremendous ways to use up some of that pent-up energy. Outdoors we could do snow tubing, ropes courses, farm parks or wake boarding. Or how about a family sea kayaking session on the stunning Firth of Forth with https://www.duneideannseakayaking.com/ where you’re likely to come across some of the local wildlife. And indoors we could take you rock climbing or trampolining to name just a couple. Don’t worry there’s always a café nearby for those not feeling quite so adventurous!
- Discover some hidden history – from castles to stately homes, or beautiful chapels to the battlefields of Bannockburn. They’re always full of nooks and crannies that little ones love to explore.
- Take in a museum – there are some original and interactive museums in the area covering everything from coal mining to the secret bunker from the cold war
- Follow in the footsteps of JK Rowling – with a Harry Potter tour you can explore the sights of Edinburgh that were the inspiration for the Harry Potter books and films
Simply let us know what you fancy and we’ll take you out for a special day, so you can make the absolute best of your trip to Scotland.
We have properly fitted car seats for all ages of children and can provide a pushchair and bottle warmer.
We even have an emergency stash of nappies (as we remember that day we forgot to lift the changing bag when we went out for the day!)
It really depends on how much you want to fit into the day, however our recommended time for collection from your accommodation would be 9am. If you’re visiting Edinburgh on a cruise ship, we can tailor a shore excursion for you and provide a door-to-door service.
The return to your accommodation will be arranged around your preferences for the day and any evening plans you wish to make, but is usually between 5-6pm
From £445 for up to 8 people. The total price will depend upon your choices made for particular activities and other inclusions. Discounts may be available for multi-day bookings.
This full day tour includes:
- A bespoke itinerary for your group
- A door-to-door service
- Properly fitted car seats for children
- All our guides have a government issued ‘Disclosure Scotland’ check
- Properly fitted car seats for all ages of children (you must advise of age and height of children in advance)
- Commentary in English giving you a local insight. This will be tailored to suit your group.
- Plenty of opportunities to take lots of spectacular photos
- The entry cost to any chosen activities or other inclusions (unless agreed otherwise)
- The tour does not include the cost of refreshments and meals throughout the day