Let us take you to explore the culinary delights that Scotland has to offer with an Edinburgh food tour, an Edinburgh distillery tour or an Edinburgh brewery tour, or a combination of the three! We’ll get you away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre and let you explore Scottish food and drink directly with the producers. You’ll get to see and taste a lot of things that other visitors won’t get to and your day trip from Edinburgh will be tailored especially for your group’s tastes.
**BOOKING CONDITION UPDATE May 2020 – in light of Covid-19 travel restrictions, tour deposit payments are fully refundable for all autumn/winter 2020 tours. We are accepting provisional 2021 bookings now with no deposit payable until January 2021 – please see booking conditions for more information**
What’s your tipple or your favourite nosh?
- Distilleries – are you a whisky fan, a gin fan, or love them both?! There are some stunning distilleries in and around Edinburgh that produce some of the finest spirits in the world. Let’s take a Scotch whisky distillery tour and then sample their produce.
- Breweries – there has been a surge in the Scottish craft beer market in recent years, so we could have a brewery tour in Edinburgh, followed by a beer tasting. Or maybe a few different breweries!
- Cookery school – spend part of your day at the outstanding Colstoun Cookery School. Set in the grounds of the stunning stately home, where most of your ingredients will be grown or bred, you can partake in an expertly led, bespoke cooking lesson followed by a fantastic lunch, picnic or afternoon tea enjoying the food you’ve produced. And of course, you may need to wash it down with a cocktail or two! https://www.colstoun.co.uk/
- Local producers – visit some of the outstanding food producers in the area. There are so many to choose, from wild boar breeders to strawberry farms or cheese makers to artisan chocolatiers, and don’t forget the Scottish seafood which is just fabulous.
- Remember, we can also introduce any of the elements from our other tours too – fancy a wee castle visit, a trip to the beach or visit the filming location of a big budget production?
Let us know what appeals to you and we’ll take you out for a great day of tasting and sampling on a food tour in Edinburgh and surrounding areas.
It really depends on how much you want to fit into the day, however our recommended time for collection from your accommodation would be 9am. If you’re visiting Edinburgh on a cruise ship, we can tailor a shore excursion for you and provide a door-to-door service.
The return to your accommodation will be arranged around your preferences for the day and any evening plans you wish to make, but is usually between 5-6pm
From £395 for up to 8 people. The total price will depend upon your choices made for particular activities and other inclusions. Discounts may be available for multi-day bookings.
This full day tour includes:
- A bespoke itinerary for your group
- A door-to-door service
- Commentary in English giving you a local insight. This will be tailored to suit your group.
- Plenty of opportunities to take lots of spectacular photos
- The entry cost to any chosen activities or other inclusions (unless agreed otherwise)
- The tour does not include the cost of additional refreshments and meals throughout the day (unless agreed otherwise)