EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT OF 10% FOR 2020 TOURS BOOKED BY 14TH FEBRUARY*
Join us for a historical private Edinburgh tour or a day trip from Edinburgh dedicated to exploring outstanding the historical sights of Scotland.
An Edinburgh Castle Tour is great, but it gets 1.7 million visitors per year so you certainly won’t get the place to yourself! Therefore let us take you away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre and show you some of the lesser known historical sights of Edinburgh and beyond, so you can explore places that your average visitor to the city doesn’t get to see. As with all our tours, your historical tour of Scotland will be tailored especially for your group. We’ve given some suggestions below to inspire you, so it’s simply of case of letting us know what you fancy and we’ll work with you to get the perfect itinerary for your party. Then get yourself ready for an outstanding day exploring the hidden history of the area.
What takes your fancy?
- Scottish Castles – there are some outstanding castles just a stones throw from Edinburgh that are small and intimate, so you might just get the place to yourself. One of our favourites is Craigmillar Castle which was frequented by Mary Queen of Scots.
- Chapels, cathedrals and abbeys – Scotland’s religious history is remarkable and there are so many stunning relics to explore
- Stately homes and gardens – hidden behind many high walls are some of the most stunning houses in the UK, you just need to know where to look!
- Battlefields – in addition to the main sites such at Bannockburn, there are a wealth of battlefields relatively unknown to many visitors to Scotland
- Museums – there are lots of unique Scottish museums giving insights into everything from the cold war to coal mining
- Outlander fans – we can retrace the steps of Jamie and Claire with a visit to the key filming sites, many of which are within easy reach of Edinburgh
- Clan connections – we can tailor a special day out for you to visit sites specific to your family clan
- And so many other things, including roman fort remains and WW2 fortifications
- Also we can introduce any of the elements from our other tours too – fancy a wee dram at a whisky distillery?
Simply let us know what grabs your attention and we’ll put together a day that’ll go down in history for you! If there is somewhere you want to go that’s not been mentioned, just say and we can incorporate it – that’s the benefit of a private I Love Edinburgh Tour. Remember all our tours are family friendly, so if you’ve got little ones, the plan for the day will ensure that they have an outstanding time too.
It really depends on how much you want to fit into the day, however our recommended time for collection from your accommodation would be 9am. If you’re visiting Edinburgh on a cruise ship, we can tailor a shore excursion for you and provide a door-to-door service.
The return to your accommodation will be arranged around your preferences for the day and any evening plans you wish to make, but is usually between 5-6pm
From £395 for up to 8 people. The total price will depend upon your choices made for particular activities and other inclusions. Discounts may be available for multi-day bookings.
If you’re in Edinburgh for a few days and want to see a few castles, then I’d suggest getting the Historic Scotland Explorer Pass. Historic Scotland run the bulk of the castles in Scotland and the pass gains you entrance to all their properties https://www.historicenvironment.scot/visit-a-place/explorer-passes/
This full day tour includes:
- A bespoke itinerary for your group
- A door-to-door service
- Commentary in English giving you a local insight. This will be tailored to suit your group.
- Plenty of opportunities to take some spectacular photos
- The entry cost to any chosen attractions or other activities (unless agreed otherwise)
- The tour does not include the cost of refreshments and meals throughout the day