*EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT OF 10% FOR 2020 BOOKINGS MADE BY 14TH FEBRUARY – cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or discount; tours must be confirmed by paying the standard 50% deposit on or before 14th February 2020.
1. Deposit – A deposit of 50% of the total tour price is required to secure a booking.
The receipt of a deposit does not imply acceptance of a booking. We will confirm our acceptance of your booking in writing, and it is at this time that a contract comes into existence between us.
2. Payment of Balance – The balance of the tour is payable no less than 14 days before the tour date. Where bookings are made within 14 days of a requested tour date then the tour price should be paid in full. Should payment fail to reach us by the date specified, we reserve the right to cancel the booking and retain the deposit.
3. Cancellation by Client – Any cancellation by the client on any tour must be made in writing (by email or text message). Due to the bespoke nature of our tours and the additional costs that may be incurred in paying any third party suppliers selected as part of your tour, I Love Edinburgh Tours Ltd will refund as follows:
Cancellation 28 days or more prior to the tour date – 75% of the deposit paid less any non-refundable costs already paid to third party suppliers selected as part of the tour itinerary.
Cancellation between 15 and 27 days prior to the tour date – 50% of the deposit paid less any non-refundable costs already paid to third party suppliers selected as part of the tour itinerary.
Cancellation within 14 days or less of the tour, no refunds will be issued.
4. Cancellation by I Love Edinburgh Tours Ltd – If I Love Edinburgh Tours Ltd have to cancel a tour due to extreme weather an alternative date will be offered where available. Where it is not possible to rearrange to another alternative date then a full refund will be made.
Please note that tours do go ahead in wet and snowy weather, therefore it is recommended that suitable clothing is worn by the client.
Should I Love Edinburgh Tours Ltd have to cancel for any unforeseen circumstances, the client will be given as must notice as possible.
5. Lateness – In the event of our tour guide running late because of an unforeseen incident, we will call you to make you aware. So please ensure the mobile telephone number you have supplied us with is operational.
If a client is late to arrive at the arranged pick-up point, the tour guide will wait up to 30 minutes before the tour is automatically cancelled. Please note no refund will be given in these circumstances.
6. Alteration of Tour Itinerary –The type of tours we offer require some flexibility and must allow for alternatives. For this reason the outlined itinerary and tour description must be taken as an indication of what may take place on the tour and not as a contractual obligation on the part of the company. Should a major alteration be necessary, you will have the option to take an alternative tour (with the price amended to reflect any decrease or increase as a result of doing so).
7. Change of Tour Guide – In the event of the specified tour guide being unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond our control, another tour guide will be provided. If this is not possible, then the tour will be cancelled and the provisions of clause 4 will come into effect.
8. Changes Prior to Booking – We reserve the right to change any of the prices, services or other particulars at any time before we enter into contract with you. If there is any change, we will notify you before we enter into such contract.
9. Special Requests – If you have special dietary or other requests, you should inform us of these at least 48 hours prior to the tour start time. However, we cannot guarantee that such requests will be met, and will have no liability to you if such requests are not met.
10. Liability – I Love Edinburgh Tours Ltd does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the client.
The Company does not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily injury or illness caused to the client or any other person included on the booking form, unless arising from the negligent act of the Company’s employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). Any claims shall be subject to Scottish law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the Scottish courts.
Subject to the above, the Company shall not be liable to the client by reason of any representation, condition or other term or, any duty at common law, or under the express terms of these booking conditions for any consequential or indirect loss whatsoever (and whether caused by the negligence of the Company or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the supply of the services.
11. Complaints – The client must communicate any perceived failure in the performance of this contract on the spot to the tour leader thus giving the tour leader the opportunity to achieve a satisfactory solution. Should this not be possible, you should make your complaint known to us in writing within 28 days of the completion of the tour.
12. Insurance – It is a term of the contract between us that you will obtain the appropriate travel insurance cover before you set out on the tour. The insurance must cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the tour (whether in whole or in part), death, personal accident and injury, medical and repatriation costs, loss of or damage to baggage and contents and personal money and belongings and flight cancellations and delays.
In the event of your illness, then you must accept responsibility for any medical costs incurred and I Love Edinburgh Tours Ltd shall not be liable to refund any part of the tour cost.
13. Health and Safety – The group must at all times abide by the safety brief and directions of the tour guide.
I Love Edinburgh Tours Ltd must be notified in advance of clients’ which are suffering from any medical condition or are taking medication. Clients whose fitness level or medical condition is not considered by the company to be appropriate for certain activities may be asked to make alternative arrangements. In such cases a refund will not be given.
I Love Edinburgh Tours Ltd reserves the right to terminate a tour if, in the reasonable opinion of the company the behaviour of a client or client group is or is likely to be disruptive, dangerous or upsetting to other people or if such client or group have caused or are likely to cause damage to property. I Love Edinburgh Tours Ltd will not pay any refund or costs incurred by you in the event that a tour is terminated due to unacceptable behaviour.
Seat belts must be worn at all times. Child car seats are required to be used in Scotland until age 12 or until the child is 135cm in height. I Love Edinburgh Tours Ltd will ensure suitable seats are provided where required and parents must ensure that children are properly secured within the seats.
Clients are not allowed to smoke in the vehicles at any time.
14. Acceptance – By paying the deposit, you are agreeing to accept all the above conditions. The person paying the deposit agrees to the acceptance of the terms and conditions on behalf of all the individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.